111

Monday 27 April 2020

Need advice as I am looking for a good computer security system?

Len Dalba: Stay away from norton and mcafee products.The best complete internet security is Kaspersky internet security or ESET smart security.

Ulysses Failey: Eset or Kasperskysorry honey, scans take that longdo a little basic time management so you are not waiting for it to finishi start mine when I go to bed because i know i will be up to use the bathroom in the middle of the nightyou find an antivirus that does an extremely fast scan and you found an antivirus that could not possibly do a good job...Show more

Lourie Mcroberts: haha BitDefender sucks...anyway, my best recommendation is Kaspersky Internet Security because it comes with the most security features.if you have an old computer with 1GB or less of RAM, I'd recommend ESET Smart Security because it uses half the resources as Kasperspky. Since this security software you're looking for is for just 1 laptop, ESET might also give you a better price for 1 computer....Show more

Gennie Shauer: the b! est one you can ever get is comodo antivirus/firewall, litterlt NOTHING can get to your pc then (only program that's free and stoped any attacks made against a computer) thing is, its a ***** to use xD

Adam Momaya: With any Internet security suite, it is common to take a couple of hours to run a full scan of the hard drive, where the software checks every single file for signatures of all known malware. I know a lot of people hate Norton, and they used to have good reason. Even three years ago it was very slow and took up way too much memory. But the 2009 and 2010 versions have been fantastic, and I have Norton 2010 installed on one 6-month old desktop, a 7-year-old desktop, a 6-month old laptop and a laptop from 2005, and it runs great on all four systems. I've used McAfee before and liked it fine, but if my friends ask me (the total computer nerd of the group) which Internet security to go with, I recommend Norton.I have also read good things about Kaspersky from se! veral PC magazines and online sites. ESET is another decent al! ternative, as the other user wrote. I used Panda Antivirus several years ago on a machine at work and it was fine. But the reason I recommend Norton to people is that I have been using it since I believe the 2003 version, on that old desktop PC I mentioned, and have upgraded to the next year's version on each machine every time the subscription was about to expire. And (knock on my fake wood desk) I have never had a virus or trojan horse or any other type of malware take hold. There have been many times I downloaded infected files, but they were always quarantined automatically by Norton before they could activate and infect the computers. Norton is among the more expensive suites, but it's worth it to me because I don't have to worry about something nasty sneaking in through a side door. Norton (now owned by Symantec) has done a very good job protecting my systems. From my own experience, I recommend that one, but if you want an alternative I'd say Kaspersky from everythin! g I've read....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment