111

Wednesday 3 June 2020

OK to leave reference secton OFF or resume?

Shelley Stevens: I always put "References Available Upon Request." Hardly anyone asks for references anyway.

Sherrill Botting: I have the same thing on my resume.Its really a 50/50 chance that the future employer will ask for them...Just make sure if you go that route to have them available on a separate piece of paper ready to give over if requested.If you don't have them and then are asked, it looks like you have something to hide

Antwan Schrum: You should always say references available upon request. Also, it is helpful to make sure your resume is only one page. That avoids the chance of the pages being seperated and most employers do not want to read page after page. They just want to get to the point.

Rosalia Hibler: I have done both but I think it is a good idea to provide references. I have used available upon request but most applications ask for references anyway so why not include in the resume?

Julienne Poplawski: I took a resume writing! class at Northwestern University. We were told to never, never, never put References Available upon Request because, of course, you will furnish them.Make sure you bring a list of references with you but don't include this on your resume.

Bailey Lares: I would keep that included in your resume to help set you apart from others that cast doubt regarding whether they have references or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment